Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve got the answers you’re looking for! As the manufacturer of the True-Surface® Trekker™, we get asked a few standard questions: scroll through to see if we’ve answered your greens rolling questions. If not, we’d love to help! Contact us for additional questions.
What is the True-Surface® Trekker™?
The True-Surface® Trekker™ is the True-Surface® line of products that attach to walk behind greens mower. The Trekker™ product line consists of 2 separate products:
Which brand of walk behind greens mowers do they fit?
- Toro Flex 21
- John Deere 220E-Cut
- Jacobsen Eclipse
Can True-Surface® Trekker™ products also attach to triplex greens mowers?
No. True-Surface® Trekker Vibe V™ and the True-Surface® Trekker Greens Care Collection are both specifically designed to fit only walk behind greens mowers. If you need to attach to a triplex unit, please refer to any of our True-Surface triplex attachment products:
Will I need to use parts from my walk behind greens mower to attach True-Surface Trekker products?
No. True-Surface® products come complete with all drive hardware included, eliminating the need for your cutting unit parts.
How much do they weigh?
- True-Surface® Trekker™ Vibe V™ – 85 lbs
- True-Surface® Trekker™ Greens Care Collection frame – 51 lbs.
Trekker™ Greens Care Collection Inserts:
- Vacu-Cutter™ – 17 lbs
- Vacu-Groomer™ – 13 lbs
- Vacu-Brush™ – 10 lbs
- Vacu-Scarifier™ – 14 lbs
- Greens Spiker – 59 lbs
- Star Slitter – 45 lbs
- Deep Slicer – 12 lbs
- NV Roller – 74 lbs & 38 lbs removable weight can be added
Why do you use vibration in the True-Surface® Trekker™ Vibe V™?
The True-Surface® Trekker™ Vibe V™ uses vibration for 3 basic reasons:
- Controllable Results – True-Surface® Vibratory Greens Rollers use vibratory action to deliver controllable results. By varying the speed of your triplex motor and adjusting the Select-A-Vibe™ Dial, you can create consistently true conditions on your golf course greens. Conditions become so accurate you can provide greens within 2-4 inches of each other in a stimpmeter reading.
- A Lightweight Product – Using vibration keeps us so lightweight. The Trekker™ Vibe V™ weighs about the same as your cutting reels. This means you can achieve healthy greens without adding stress to your triplex hydraulic motor.
- Versatility – Using vibration gives the Trekker™ Vibe V™ more versatility than any other golf course greens roller. Its adjustable vibratory action allows you to roll for turf health, speed, and consistency, while also letting you vibrate-in sand topdressing, remove dew, and smooth the greens after core aerification. No other greens roller gives you so many options!
How does the True-Surface® Trekker™ Greens Care Collection work?
The True-Surface® Trekker™ Greens are Collection consists of 1 frame that will attach directly to your walk behind greens mower. It has 12 different interchangeable Inserts designed to fit inside that frame. To ensure a secure fit, the True-Surface® Trekker™ frame loads its Inserts from the top of the frame – eliminating risk of dropping out and damaging your greens. Each True-Surface® Insert can be lifted out of the frame with ease and replaced with another Insert. With 12 interchangeable inserts to choose from, you will be certain to find a greens care tool that fits your needs!
How do I get a demo?
Seeing is believing? That’s why we recommend you experience a True-Surface® Trekker™ demo first hand! A Trained sales representative will bring the product directly to your course, so you can see the results first hand. Contact your local True-Surface® dealer to schedule your demo.